Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Torie James, Author extraordinaire!

I had the opportunity to sit down with the fab Torie James for an interview. Her first book in her New Camelot series, Timeless Night, just came out recently in Print form and her second book, Timeless Desire comes out on March 21st! I, for one, am so excited!!



Timeless Night




Timeless Desire





Favorite Characters to Write About:

Hands down, my favorite characters to write about are the quirky, odd, questionably sane ones. Male or female, it doesn’t matter to me. I like exploring eccentricities, weird habits and the socially awkward. I’m a blended triumvirate of those three things and love  expounding in verbal fashion from brain to page about it. There are parts of me that live in every character I fashion but I’d have to say that Sabrina Foxworth, my heroine from Timeless Night, is pretty much spot on how I am. Daily. I even toned her down a bit because I’ve been accused of being rather like a hurricane. Or like caviar, an acquired taste.

Toss into that mix a dash of paranormal and now we’re cooking. I love creating characters with depth, passion, trust issues, skewered views of the world around them and then sprinkle a smidge of fangs, fae or fur on them to boot. Thanks to Joss Whedon, I completely associate all things paranormal as simple metaphors for the externalization of internal angst. 

Did I also mention I love to write about rather nerdesque types as well? Nothing sexier to me than brains. And I am not talking about wanting to eat them! 

Excerpt from Timeless Desire, Book Two of New Camelot:

Why did his touch still burn through her, make her heart skip a beat? "Trust you? Trust you? I'd rather take a running leap onto the face of the sun, Gawain. I trusted you once and you ruined my life. I trusted you once more and you helped kill what I loved. Excuse me if I find your use of that particular word ironic." She shoved hard against him, hard enough he stumbled back a bit, allowing her to slip from his hold.
"If Lancelot knew, he'd hate you as much as I do. They all would! The only reason he remains unaware, is he is at peace again with his heart. I won't disturb it for the world. So your dirty little secret is safe with me, husband." The last word spit out with derision, she gave him a cold smile. "Let me go, Gawain. It's easy. As for the blood link, simple solution. We can continue to provide each other with what's needed without being together. As black as your blood is, it does provide me with the necessary sustenance. But that's all you are to me, now. A food source. There is no happy ending for us. You botched that up proper. I have stayed my voice the last few months for Bri. For Alex. But I owe you nothing. So let me go my way!" She moved as wind, reaching down to snatch off one of her stiletto'd heels, her free hand shoving him back into the wall, mortar crumbling around them. Animosity spurred her on as she angled the heel over his heart. "Or I will kill you. I swear it. I will kill you and in killing you, I kill myself. That's how desperate I am to be free of you."

Timeless Desire, Book 2 of New Camelot, releases March 21st, 2014!

Welcome to New Camelot...not everything remains myth.

Krista, my darling girl, thank you so much for having me on today! Rock on, my Padawan, rock on! 

Want to follow along on my shenanigans, follow me at: 

Blog and Website: http://torienjames.blogspot.com/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WriterGurl216

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Writergurl216

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7054839.Torie_N_James

Amazon Author: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00CTBYH0M

Breathless Press Website: http://www.breathlesspress.com/

2 comments:

  1. Sending love and hugs again honey! Thank you for all you do and all the support you give me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome, Boo. It's the least I can do for all the support you've given me. <3

    ReplyDelete